So, I have 2 posts that I did during the ABC's but here are my final thoughts on the conference...
Just a refresher-the ABC's are put on by the Break Away office (my dream job) who works solely with Alternative Break programs across teh country. They host 3 conferences each summer in different locations in conjunction with a college campus. Butler and IUPUI worked together to secure one of the conferences this summer, so I spent 10 days exploring and learning even more about the Alternative Break scene.
Having had a couple of months to think about what I learned, I'm excited to report that I know I am on the right path. For a long time now my passion has been serving others, and my favorite way to do this is through Alternative Breaks. I love how close groups get when they work together for a week. I love the impact a group can make in such a short time-not only on the community members where they are working but also on each other. In short, I could go on and on about how much I love Alternative Breaks and how I know I have found my place. I want to plan and organize these trips so that I can give back a small amount of what has been given to me through these programs over the last 4 years. I could seriously go on forever, but I will spare you all :) Here are some pictures from the amazing week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment