Hey all! Sorry to all of you who I gave a hard time for not updating your blogs...now I am in the slacker category too :(
Life here has been relatively uneventful (hence the no update...) but good. I started the report for the student survey I did-I'm pretty excited about it. It is 18 pages long and looks pretty professional, but I'm also a little biased. We are hopefully going to get it printed in a booklet and send it to all of our schools and to the national Campus Compact office! Woo! That has taken up most of my time at work lately-I am on the 3rd draft of it but it looks good. I finally decorated my desk at work...I've had a stack of pictures there for quite some time now and I decided that today was the day I needed to decorate. I even left space for my post it notes :)
Lindsay and I went to check out the EcoLab at Marian College earlier this week. It is a 55 acre natural wetlands that is pretty much in the middle of the city. It's awesome-we are hoping to go on a tour there for the May retreat. Stuff for that is really coming together. We also went to talk to this organization called Free Wheelin' that you can donate old bikes to and they rebuild them then sell them. They also have a program where they teach kids how to rebuild their bike and teach them proper bike maintenance, then they get the bike at the end of the program. Anyways, they are going to let us use some of the bikes for our bicycle tour of the brownfields for the retreat! I'm excited :)
I leave for Atlanta on Sunday to be a staff advisor for one of IUPUI's Alternative Spring Break trips. I'm pretty excited but a little anxious at being on the staff side of things for a few reasons. First, I'm the only staff advisor on the trip (there will only be 10 of us) so I'm hoping nothing goes wrong since I don't have anyone to turn to. I know that if something does go wrong, I will figure out what to do, but this is my first trip without having somebody else to turn to if I need it. Also, I know I will have to really check myself and allow the student leader, Monica, to step up into her role. I am used to being one of the people who steps in to help keep things moving, but that isn't my main role this time, so I will just have to keep that in mind.
Alright, seeing as it is after 10, it is past my bed time now! :) I probably won't update again until I get back from Atlanta, but I'm sure that will be a long entry! I hope you all have a great week, Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment