Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm a little Blog happy these days-3 posts in a row?! I guess I'm just making up for lost time. I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day! Mine was spent hanging out with the roommates, reading Dracula (a fabulous book for any avid readers out there), going grocery shopping, and cooking a real meal instead of something from a can. It was relaxing and left my rejuvenated for the week!
I got this article from Liza-it is a little long but it is very interesting and it really is a quick read. I would highly recommend reading it when you have a few minutes-if you don't want to read it all, at least read part of it to catch the gist of it. It talks about ways that the economic/financial systems force those living in poverty to pay more for their services and goods. It is an unfortunate situation and really leads to people having an even more difficult time working their way out of poverty. Check it out.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/17/AR2009051702053.html?g=0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment