Exactly 4 months ago today, I started my year as a VISTA. I can't believe it's 1/3 of the way over, and I hate that there is an exact date that it will end. At the same time, thinking about all that I have had the chance to learn and do in the first 4 months makes me really excited for the next 8 months, and whatever will come after that!
My big VISTA news of the week- my supervisor got a different job. She will be leaving at the end of August to go to New York for a few months, then overseas for 3 years! While I am sad that she is leaving, I'm glad that she's getting the chance to do something she's always wanted to do and I know that she will love every day of it. I found out earlier this week that Maggie will be my supervisor after Lindsay leaves! I think that it will be a good opportunity for me to learn more from Maggie and to also experience another supervision style.
The Environmental Leadership Retreat starts on Tuesday! I can't believe it's here already...
the last few days and leading up to Tuesday will be extremely hectic at work. I feel like I'm in good shape but there is still a lot of things to wrap up and not a lot of time to do it. I've done the majority of the planning, getting donations, scheduling, paperwork, etc. on my own and it's really making me appreciate all of the work that others on exec boards for alternative breaks did. I knew from experience that it was a lot of work but I guess I didn't realize just how much it was until it was so concentrated. I think it's going to be a great experience though and I'm really looking forward to it!
I know this is really short but I need to go find some dinner... I will try to update again this weekend sometime-around graduation activities that is! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment