Hello all! Before I forget, you should check out this video compliments of Emily: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=50632298&searchid=097ed16a-2bf0-4f48-bd13-bbdc8ffb9eec It's pretty inspiring!
Apparently Thursdays are the time that I get bored and decide I need to update my blog...so, since last Thursday, a lot has happened! Last Friday I went to that VISTA lunch at Second Helpings. It was really fun! I got pretty lost on the way there and was late, but it all worked out fine. It was good to see some of the people I hadn't seen since PSO in Chicago, and it was nice to meet some of the other VISTAs around the area. It seems like there is a really strong bond between all of them and they are great about planning things to do. I want to go to a lot of the events and really get to know these people, they seem so awesome!
I spent the week getting everything set up on my computer. I have the IT department remote in (where they control and I watch) on my computer 5 times now, 4 in one day. Robert is my new hero for all of the time he spent getting things set up for me, and it was once again reiterated that no matter how great I think I am with computers, I suck. But, we are good to go now (hopefully!!!).
I have my survey for the students finished and we will send it out this afternoon or tomorrow. I am really hoping to get some good feedback from that so that it will help the focus groups and ultimately the resource materials I will be able to develop. We have the Networking Council Meeting coming up at the end of February, so things are getting hectic around here. For that meeting, all of the presidents as well as a faculty member and student from each of the member colleges gets together for a day long meeting full of training sessions, information sessions, and networking opportunities. I will get to help with the student session and I have started compiling some helpful materials for their binders. I am really excited to attend that meeting and to meet everyone. Several students have been emailing me with questions about things on their campus, and I actually have a meeting set up to advise a student on how to get Service Learning programs onto her campus! It is really neat to see how this is such a culmination of my collegiate experiences and what I am able to pull from all of my different activities to help others.
I spent last weekend with the family at Crissy's. It was so great to have time to hang out with the family. Little miss Brooke turned 1 month old while we were there. She has gotten so big and is on the edge of smiling now :) We can't wait! Carson is such a funny kid, he is so smart and so much fun to spend time with. I am at work now so I don't have pictures, but I will try to remember to upload some pictures on here tonight! I found the world's greatest deal on a GPS unit and decided to make an investment so I am not 20 minutes late to meetings anymore because I am lost. It helped me find the bank yesterday without having to turn around once :) Totally worth the purchase already! haha
Off to enjoy my lunch break. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment