Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy (Late) Holidays!

Hello again! Wow, let's hope I get better at posting once I start working...

The holidays were great for me! It was my first Christmas ever not spent at home so that was a little weird, but it was worth it to be with the family Christmas morning :) We all came to Indy to celebrate at Crissy and Brian's house. Carson was super excited about everything and it was so much fun! Brooke slept through most of Christmas this year...maybe next year will be more exciting for her. We got some great family pictures compliments of Therese's self-timer but she is still hoarding them for herself so I can't share them yet. I got a ton of great stuff but really enjoyed the down time with the family before we all rush into the new year. New Years was great as well. I came back to Indy to see a bunch of friends and it was so good to catch up with everyone! It made me really miss the fact that so many of my friends are no longer in the Indianapolis area. That is just a short update on the holidays, but here are some pictures:



Nana, Papa, and Iron Man


Brooke's first Christmas


Carson rocking his new Butler hat-Go Dawgs!
So anyways, tomorrow is the big day! I finally get to start my VISTA position over a month after my pre-service orientation! I'm a little bit nervous just because it will be a lot of information and a new environment, but I'm extremely excited. I was looking over my tentative schedule for the next week and a half and it looks like I will get to jump right in and get to work, which is what I want to do! I will have a lot of meetings with different staff members I will be working with and get to learn all about both of the offices I will be working in during the year. It is weird to think that when class resumes on Monday I won't be going, it hasn't really sunk in yet that I am done with undergrad! Well, I'll get an update on here in the next day or two to let you all know how my first day went :)

No comments:

Post a Comment