Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Hello all! We got out an hour early due to a large snow storm moving in...the news is saying up to a foot! I made it home safe and sound and ended up getting home about the time I usually leave, so that was a pleasant surprise for a Tuesday afternoon.

I've been busy since my last post! I finished my survey today and I mailed it to all of the Networking Council students as well as their Directors (to encourage them to have the students fill it out...). I emailed it right before I left to go home, and when I got home I had 2 returned surveys in my inbox! Yeah! I also got to review 7 applications for our Mini-Grants for February and rank them. Later this week I will get to help decide how to split up the money for each project which is pretty cool.

I went to a VISTA meeting at the Red Cross Monday morning then had to spend 1 hour and 20 minutes driving around looking for a parking spot at IUPUI...boo, what a waste of time. Their website is http://bread.org/ you should check it out. But, incase you don't...They basically write letters to congress to encourage them to deal with social issues. The focus of 2009 is to urge them to rework foreign assistance to make it more effective in reducing poverty. Apparently Senator Lugar (from Indiana) has been very receptive to the letters and always sends a response, so that will be fun to get a response from him (or his secretary, whatever). It is cool to see my co-workers being so civically engaged since ICC encourages the students to be involved. It is also an area of being an active citizen that I have never really been involved in, so it will be neat to be a part of that.

This weekend the roomies and I all went to see Crissy, Brian, and the kids. We had a great time! While I forgot my camera, here are the pictures I promised last week...




Carson using Brooke's head as a hill for his toys

Brooke after her bath at 1 month old


So cute :)


Wii just wears you out...

No comments:

Post a Comment