Friday, February 6, 2009

One Month

Wow, I can't believe that a month has already passed, but at the same time I feel like I have been here a lot longer. I love being here, I love the work I am doing, and I feel so content. It sucks knowing that there is a time limit on my being here, but that will be something to deal with at a later date...

At the one month mark, I finally got my first paycheck today! With that, things I will make a list of things I am thankful for:

1. My parents teaching me to have a savings account (and not touch it) and having built it up enough that I had enough to live on until now.


2. I am thankful for a family that supports my decision to willingly live in poverty for a year both emotionally and by sending me back to Indy with enough food to feed a small army, as well as helping me with rent for a couple months more.


3. I am thankful that I was born with a sense of humor solid enough to put up with a multitude of poverty jokes from those who will make more in a couple of months than I will make all year.


4. Having the opportunity to be doing exactly what I want to do right now and having the experience of a lifetime.

I could probably keep going for awhile, but I will stop it there because I have a meeting with my supervisor now. Happy Friday, have a wonderful weekend :) You all should check out this article when you have a few minutes of free time... http://www.minnpost.com/community_voices/2009/02/06/6479/a_stimulus_plan_to_remake_america_invest_in_national_service

No comments:

Post a Comment