Hello all! We survived and it went really well! Woo! :) I made it waking up at 5-thankfully I set 3 alarms because I didn't wake up until the 3rd one. I have much more admiration for Laura for waking up that early every day- she's a champ! Lindsay, Emily and I rode up together and had some good conversation both ways then we went to dinner at Rock Bottom once we got back. It was really fun-I really enjoy my time with them and love that we are getting to be such good friends :)
The meeting went really smooth, which was great. I was a little bummed-the student session (that I spent about 2 solid weeks working on resources for) ended up being split between students and faculty/staff so the whole thing kind of changed. It was good that we adapted it to fit the audience better but I was a little bummed that we used about 1/4 of the resources that I had put together. I just feel like it was kind of a waste of time that I could have been doing other things. I learned a lot and I can hopefully use it somewhere down the road, but I was a little frustrated at the time. My other point of frustration on teh day came from this student that I met with about a month ago. She was having issues with the programming on her campus and wanted to meet with Lindsay and me. So she showed up 1 1/2 hours late and got there when we should have been leaving, then talked for close to 1 1/2 hours before we left. So at the end of the meeting she started talking to me and was repeating all of her problems she had been having before our last meeting. So I started addressing solutions we had offered her last time and every single one she was like yeah I haven't done that, nope I haven't done that either. So she never did anything we had suggested and was telling me the same problems today. It was basically a repeat of our last meeting and I was trying to come up with different ideas for how to get her to do something instead of just complaining. After awhile she said nobody did their work so I suggested a weekly goal card that is hung up where they will see it every day that they talk about in their meetings each week (like we did in the VC-yeah!) and she freakin started crying. So here I am with this girl having a meltdown and half the staff from my office was standing right by us and had been kind of listening to the convo and they were standing behind her making faces at me cuz I made her cry. Then Lindsay saved the day and came up and started talking to her- but you better believe they gave me a hard time about making her cry! haha, I might not hear the end of that one for awhile...
I really love working there. Today (and the last couple weeks) had the potential to be really stressful but it never was. Everyone was really organized and held up their end of things and we all even left early yesterday! I feel like I really belong there and get along so well with everyone and that is just such a great feeling. All in all, my first Networking Council Meeting was a success! Let's hope the one in September goes just as well! Happy weekend :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment