Friday, February 13, 2009

Visitors

I had visitors at work yesterday! My parents, Crissy, Carson, and Brooke came to visit on their way to Illinois. It was a low-key day in the office so we had the chance for everybody to just hang out and chat for a little bit, which was nice. Mom and Dad also surprised us with Long's doughnuts (which were a key part of our lunch)! It was really cool to have the people from two huge parts of my life come together and meet each other.

It is quiet in the office again today. Two people have a personal day and two are working from home so its very quiet. Brian (my brother in law) and I are headed to Illinois this afternoon to meet up with the rest of the family. I should get out pretty early today since it's so quiet in here and I worked through lunch since everybody else was busy. I'm excited for a weekend at home to celebrate Mom's birthday :)

I get to go to 2 career fairs next week to promote our summer VISTA positions! That should be fun :) I also started creating a workbook about leadership to be used at our Summer Institute in August. It is making me respect people who make textbooks or a living a LOT. It is taking a lot longer than I thought it would but it's really interesting. I keep imagining what I would like if I was doing this workbook so hopefully what I like is similar to what our students like and they can take a lot away from this. We are going to get the workbooks published and we might sell them on our website, which would be really cool! Lindsay and I are teaming up on them-I am doing leadership, she is doing one on fundraising, budgeting, and other financial "stuff", then we will tag team one about assessment, marketing, action plans, etc.

Alright, well I should get back to work but just wanted to do a quick update before the weekend! Happy Friday the 13th-be safe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment