Monday, April 6, 2009

Camping!

Hello all! I haven't really worked much since I last updated, but I had a fun weekend! I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 days off, even if it was a little hard to go back to work this morning. We went camping at Turkey Run and it was awesome. We hit the nicest day we have had in awhile and it actually snowed today, so we beat the bad weather! We got in some awesome hiking for about 4 hours, played a little frisbee along the way, then made our fire and dinner and just took time to catch up. It was so much fun and I can't wait until our next trip! I love that we have been doing more "outdoorsy" things-I enjoy it so much and it's great to have a good group of friends that enjoy it all, too! Here are a few pictures of our adventures:

A little boy band pose on the playground

Part of the trail we hiked-don't worry, it isn't as dangerous as it looks, Mom :)


Beautiful. We were walking through a really dark area that was narrow and it opened up into this area where the sun was shining. It was gorgeous!


Group picture



Pretty-who knew Indiana looked like this?
So, there's a sneak peek at our camping adventure. Hope you enjoyed it :) We came back on Sunday then Sunday night I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with a couple friends from work and Beth and Jarod. We enjoyed some wings and a few rather intense games of trivia. I struggled maintaining my lead at the end of the game, so I don't have any wins to my name...but I talked trash with the best of them :)
This morning Lindsay and I had a meeting with Chris, the guy who will be leading our bicycle tour of brownfields in Indianapolis for our retreat. We are really looking forward to it, Chris has a ton of great ideas and this is the first time he will be leading a bike tour like this so he is as excited as we are! It was cool to see everything coming together and to find the common "themes" across all of our speakers and service projects. Also, our application deadline was on Friday and we have a waiting list! Woo!! I was very proud of myself because they didn't think we woud get enough people signed up by the deadline, so I exceeded that expectation :) A few things at work have gotten pushed to the side in the last couple of weeks with working on the retreat so I'm hoping to get stuff back on track this week. I'll keep you posted on how that goes....
I am going to Crissy's tomorrow night for dinner with her family and Mom and Dad. They are coming to take Carson to Illinois for the rest of the week until we are all together for Easter! I am excited about Easter, it feels like it has been a really long time since I've been home and it will be good to have everyone together. Alright, off to prepare for the NCAA men's basketball championship! Go Michigan State!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment