http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/04/kids-worry-about-environment.php
To help celebrate Earth Day, ICC is sponsoring a tree planting this Friday. We are going to have almost 100 volunteers from 5 Indianapolis colleges and universities coming together to plant 100 trees in one afternoon. I think it is going to be a cool event and I'm really looking forward to it! And, the weather looks like it is going to be fabulous-high 70s and sunny :) In relation to the event, I wrote my first press release yesterday/this morning! I'm pretty excited about that.
I forgot to tell you last week that we had our Presidents and Chancellors Board Meeting. It was interesting to listen to all of the technical stuff that goes on that I don't usually hear about-stuff about the budget and all that. The staff did a great job setting up the day-they had different people from our campuses come in and give presentations and we did a tour of the Keep Indianapolis Beautiful building that is super green. It was pretty neat to see all of the advances that have been made towards green buildings and hearing the numbers on how much energy it saves.
I went to Carson's first soccer game last weekend-he's so grown up and played so well! I'm guessing that if he keeps playing he will end up being a mid-fielder. He has endless energy and naturally runs back on defense rather than always trying to score. He saved several goals! Again, I need to upload a bunch of pictures onto here, I have some cute ones of him in his soccer uniform!
Work has been keeping me very busy with so many big events coming up. I applied for a grant to cover my registration for a conference in July...my fingers are crossed that I get it! I will find out in a week or 2 if I did. I've also been trying to get food donations for our retreat-it has been harder than I was expecting but I have gotten a fair amount of stuff and I am waiting to hear back from several places still. That's about it for now-I will get pictures up here soon, promise! Happy Earth Day everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment