Hey all! I had a cool experience this week. One of my former professors invited me back to her class to be a guest panelist about individuals who take a non-traditional career path with a Psych degree. A lot of students in the class were students who were in my orientation group I led 2 years ago, which was fun :) It was weird to be on the "teaching" side of things in a Butler classroom, but really neat at the same time. There were 2 other Psych grads who are now in nursing that came to talk about their experiences as well. I got to give the professor teaching this course in the Fall my business card (I felt very professional) and she said that if I am still in Indy she would love to have me come back and speak again! I also got to go back to Butler yesterday with Liza and her daughter, Katie, who is thinking about going to Butler. She is a Junior this year and starting the whole college search. It was fun to get to talk about what a great school it is and to match her up with clubs and organizations that fit her interests. She seemed pretty excited and Liza said she had a great time and is really interested in going there now! Too bad Butler doesn't give recruiting bonuses...
It has been very quiet in the office this week-2 people are on spring break with their kids, 1 person is out at a conference, and everybody else has been in and out with off-campus meetings and whatnot. Maggie and I had a lunch date today which was fun-we reminisced about childhood vacations and told some entertaining stories. This afternoon I got to teach her how to make graphs and charts on Excel-my Info Management class really paid off...I got to teach the Executive Director something! Good work Butler.
Today is like my Friday! I had to use the remainder of my comp. time from Atlanta within 2 weeks so I took tomorrow off-I am going to sleep in, eat lunch at Arby's with Lew, clean my room, read, then go to the outlets tomorrow night. Saturday morning we are leaving to go camping for the night-hopefully the weather holds out- then back to the grind on Monday. It should be a very fun weekend and I am looking forward to it! Then, hard to believe, but the following weekend is Easter-yeah! I'm excited to go home and see everyone :) I really can't believe it's already April. This summer will be here before we know it!
I hope you all have been having a great week so far- Happy (almost) Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment